Back to Basics
Meditation for Beginners - A Step by Step Guide
If you are new to mediation or would like to start meditating again, I am offering you some tips to help you get started. Meditation should be something you enjoy doing, something to look forward to. Meditation is a beautiful practice that can help bring more Joy and Balance in your life.
I am creating short meditations to help you start this wonderful journey. You’ll find all you need to know in these tips 10 tips and you can also follow my meditations on my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWL3rTRvrCokw-Ey5JamKuQ/featured
Meditation is a very ancient discipline. It has been practiced for thousands of years. In ancient times, meditation was mainly used to dive deeper within oneself, to see the face of Goddess, to deepen the understanding of the world.... Nowadays meditation is also used for relaxation, stress reduction, and healing.
There are many types of meditation out there, but they all share the same goal of achieving inner peace, balance, resilience, profound love… and more.
You’ll walk your meditation journey in the way that works for you but before you start read these 10 tips, I am offering you with Love:
1. Start small, with two to five minutes every day (or twice a day). Starting small is very important. You are building your foundation for this work. Steady and slowly you’ll go far.
2. Find your way to meditate. In time you’ll find what works and what doesn’t work for you. At the beginning you’ll try different types of meditation and experimenting is fun. Keep meditating and exploring and see what gives you greater benefits.
3. Focus on your breath. Your breath is powerful, it is the source of life here on Earth. Your breath has a great power, it can help you move your attention from thoughts to energy, from mind to heart.
4. Observe your thoughts and feelings. We are human beings. We cannot escape our thoughts and feelings. In meditation we learn how to observe them from a higher perspective without fear, without judgement and with Love.
5. Scan your Body, how do you feel? Your body is the source of great Wisdom. Listening to the body can help us through life on many levels.
6. Designate a time where you are not going to be disturbed, because you are learning how to focus. Later on, you’ll be able to meditate in the middle of a crowded marketplace.
7. Find a place where you feel safe and comfortable. It’ll be easier to focus on your journey and when you feel safe, your energy opens up to more Love.
8. Find a comfortable sitting position because you’ll need to learn discipline too. It is important to have the discipline to meditate and do the inner work. By starting from a sitting position (even when we’d like to lie down) will focus your attention on what you are doing and why you are doing it.
9. Have a blanket ready if you get cold.
10. Knowledge is power. When you know why you do what you do, your results will be amazing. So, when you start meditating, remember that meditation can help:
-Boost the immune system
-Control negative thoughts
-Help with addiction
-Improve attention, focus
-Improve decision-making skills
-Help regulate an emotional response
-Lower stress levels and Create resilience
-Reduce physical pain
-Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety
-And so much more…..